July 9, 2009

See--there IS still hope!

People are always trying to console me with stories of folks they know that "...didn't get married till they were 40+..." or whatever. As if I was asking for consolation of my single state. It just cracks me up. So, when I spotted this article today, I simply couldn't resist posting it. I mean, surely I have more options than this poor gal, right? :-)

106-Year-Old Single Gal Still Dating
Dating & LoveWeird News48 CommentsStatia Kealy of Ireland has never married, smoked, drank or even put on makeup. So maybe that's why she's finally ready to cut loose and hit the dating scene at the tender age of 106.

Statia, who could easily pass for 88 or 89, says she's looking for love. If you know any lonely centenarians who live near Ireland, maybe you should pass along her number. She's got a sense of humor, telling one reporter, "Those that get married do well, but those that don't do better." Fiery!

If she can't find a man and is willing to learn Chinese, maybe she could be pen-pals with Wang Guiying, a 107-year old Chinese lady who finds herself in the same "predicament." Although 106 years of eating Poptarts alone in bed doesn't necessarily sound so bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny!