May 20, 2009

Aaaagh! I need to update...

where o where does the time go? I feel like I say that with each blog entry...yet, here I am again! As usual, I've been keeping busy. The bike shop is hopping, and I've been fortunate to work up there more often. Have I mentioned that I love my work at the bike shop? This past weekend, I was able to host our Epic booth at the WOW KC Bicycle Festival out at Swope Park. I had such a good time talking to many women about cycling, triathlon, racing...what's not to love about encouraging women to get out there and enjoy these activities?! One gal I talked to was saying that she really wanted to do a tri, but just wasn't sure she was ready, etc. I commented that we (especially women) tend to wait until...we lose 5 more pounds, can run just a little faster, get our hair cut - you get the idea, it's always something. I challenged this gal to just get out there and do it! It was touching, because she was actually moved to tears. I guess I hit on some things that were holding her back and helped her to see that there's never a perfect time. (I think I may have talked to myself there too. ha ha)
I also met another lovely lady who had never ridden a bicycle! She is doing the WIN for KC tri this summer as a team, and was asking me if she started training after that race, could she be ready to do all 3 legs of the race next year? YOU BETCHA! I responded. And, how cool is this? She came by the shop and bought a bike!!! She's gonna do it! So, again I say - what's not to love about this?!

I've been training a fair amount too. I'm working with another coach and am pretty excited about it. I felt like I had lost a bit of my zest for running, and I can now feel it creeping back in. Woohoo. It's been great to have workouts planned that push me in all three sports, and receiving feedback on my training again. So, the big reveal? My new coach is Elizabeth Fedofsky Waterstraat! It's funny because I've been reading her blog for a couple years. She's a very entertaining writer! I recall reading about her Kona experience when I was preparing for Coeur d'Alene...very inspiring. You can check out her blog, and I'll also put a link to her coaching website, Multisport Mastery, for you to check out if you're interested. I'm sure there will be much more to come. I'm looking forward to meeting Liz in person when I head to Chicago for the Naperville Womens Triathlon. Yippee!

Speaking of my new coach, I need to head out for a long run this morning, so I better end this for now. I have many more things to blog about, so more to come - I promise!

1 comment:

Scott said...

Glad to hear you like the new trainer. I haven't been running in a couple months. Bad I know! No running partner means I slack on the thing I hate to do most. I really need to fit at least one run in a week at a minimum. Ideally more though.