June 17, 2012

Mollz Bellz

Meet my friend Molly. Let me tell you the little story of how we became friends. It all started on a cold day in February - February 26th to be precise. How do I remember this date, well, there is a picture to jog my memory. You see, Molly and two of her friends, Haley and Lindy, came to Epic to buy bicycles! Little did they know they would have to endure hours with me. It sure was a fun afternoon, and ended with all three girls on brand new bikes! Shortly after the girls purchased their bicycles, we all became Facebook friends and I started including them on workout invites, etc. This, I'm afraid, is how Molly got my digits! (jk Mollz...jk!) Molly started texting me with questions about training and such. You see, Molly LOVES to ask questions! I must admit, without all those questions, we probably wouldn't have become such good friends. Molly and Haley joined me for a few workouts through the spring/summer. One night in the summer, I invited Molly and Haley to join me (and a few others) on a bike ride. They couldn't make the ride, so I said they should join us afterwards at All-Star. Molly ended up coming to All-Star. At the time, I was looking for someone to join me on the trip to NYC for the NYC triathlon. I wasn't asking them to race, just thought it would be fun to have some company. It just wasn't working out for anyone to join me. Long story short - and after many conversations and a requested meeting with her husband (LOL) - Molly decided to join me on the NYC trip! She was the BEST cheerleader during this event (see picture). I mean, who gets up before 3am to help a friend get to a race via shuttle - and then stands out in the rain for HOURS while said friend races. Walks along the bridge during the swim, watching this friend and cheering every step of the way. Who does this?! Molly! We had a great time exploring the city once the race was off our checklist. Times Square was a favorite, but I really think her favorite things was just sleeping in silence (sans children!) and Starbucks! Ahhhh. Our ride on the subway was quite an adventure as well. Thankfully we made it back to our hotel without incident. haha Good times. Good times. Since the trip to NYC, we have had many fun times - bike rides, coffee dates, she finally let me meet her kids (HAHA), the American Royal, karaoke, dinners, movies...the list goes on and on! We also had a great celebration with Kim, Haley, Molly and me for Molly's birthday this year - we all went to the Lady A concert. It was so much fun! It's been almost a year and a half, but I feel as though I've known her a lifetime! And that, my friends, is how I met Mollz! I mean, just look at that smile, what's not to love about this girl?!

No comments: