May 15, 2011

Four 'til FORTY!

Yes, friends, it's true...it's a mere four months until I am the BIG 4-O! It really doesn't seem possible that I'm about to turn forty. I mean, I remember thinking forty was sooooo old. Sure doesn't seem very old now. ha ha Where have the years gone? So, as I ponder the final four months in this decade of my life, I've been reflecting on the many things that happened in my 30's!

It would be difficult to forget my 30th birthday, as it was just 4 days after the attacks on our Nation. What a sad time for our country and Americans all around the world. I recall feeling quite sad personally, and not really up for celebrating my 30th. I was supposed to meet at the Wilkes' and we were "going to dinner". I tried getting out of it, actually. Problem was, my friends had already planned quite a big surprise for me - I had no idea! After a little persuading, Kathy talked me into coming over and, of course, I'm very glad I did. Many of my friends and family were lining the street leading up to their house, with large letters spelling out - Happy Birthday Dawn! (rumor has it, my neice was holding the "W" upside down prior to my arrival...that would certainly spell something different!) My parents were living in Dallas at the time, but my dad was able to arrange a diversion from a business trip, so it was quite a surprise to see him there as well! What a treat and such a nice way to ring in a new decade of life - surrounded by friends and family...well, and cake!

And, with that, I was launched into my 30's! No one could have guessed where the next few years would take me...stay tuned for the next segment of this journey...

No comments: